Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Another altered canvas and an altered box

On Sunday I had a lovely crafting day, with lots of time to play with paint and inks. Bliss!!! I promised myself I'd make at least one Christmas present, but I actually managed to finish two!!!! I'd already painted a canvas in lilac for my cousin's daughter, Megan. Here's the finished canvas!



I painted the canvas with lilac acrylic paint, then sprayed opposite corners with purple Cosmic Shimmer Mist. I LOVE my Cosmic Shimmer misters. The stamps are from a Stampin' Up set called Garden Whimsey, and are stamped in Royal Purple Stazon. I tried Impress ink pads, but they didn't stamp at all well onto the paint (hence the flowers stamped on tissue paper to cover up the mistake!!!!) The letters are chipboard coloured with Stazon and I added purple stickles glitter glue and white gel pen for added definition. In the top left corner there's a scrap of purple mesh and three purple buttons.

The problem with stamping onto a canvas is that it's not a solid surface, so it takes a bit of fiddling around with something suitably hard underneath it!!

I also finished off a little wooden box I had already started. It's a gorgeous little box, so I left most of it as it was, and just painted the top of the box. I've also stamped the name of the person I intend to give it to on the side. I'm not showing you who it's for though, in case they see it on here!!



I stamped flowers on it in black Stazon, added a couple of decoupaged flowers in the centre on orange and red paper, and some red and orange Stickles glitter glue. Once it was dry I covered the whole top with glitter modge podge to seal it.

So now I'm 2 Christmas presents up and I really enjoyed myself. I've got a list of people I want to make things for this year- might save me a few pennies!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow these are beautiful Lisa! Love the colours of both of these and am intrigued by these Cosmic Shimmer misters you keep talking about!

    Am also extremely jealous with how quickly you can create such gorgeous pieces, one thing which frustrates me a little about cross stitch is how long it takes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!