Friday, January 1, 2010

Art journalling- some inspiration

Happy new year!!! I love the feeling of New Year's Day, with the whole year like a big white field of snow waiting for me to put my footprint on it. I've been blog surfing for Art Journalling inspiration and tips, and I've found some wonderful blogs to share with you.

Take a look at Jill Taylor's Third Age Musings and Sarah Anderson's The Art of Moodling. They're both using a calendar art journalling method that seems a little bit less scary than creating a page a day/week sort of journal. The work is in the preparation for this type of journal calendar page, with a little box for each day over a 2 page spread. Take a look at those blogs to see what I mean. So now I need to find or make a book to use and I'm away....

For some more fabulous inspiration, I heartily recommend Astrid's gorgeous blog with her stunning art journal- it's unbelievably gorgeous- yes I know I'm gushing, but go and have a  looksee and you'll see why.... Astrid's Artistic Efforts.

Ooh, and one last place to go for tonnes of inspiration- Kate Crane's blog The Kathryn Wheel- she's hosting an art journalling challenge, but that's a bit of a scary commitment for me, so I'm trying January first..... Lots of people have joined up, and the links to their blogs are on Kate's, so lots of places to visit!!!! I could blog hop forever! Kate also has the first part of a series on art journalling in this month's Craft Stamper. So much inspiration, I may burst. I need a blank journal book NOW!!!!!!

To finish, I'm stealing a quote from Jill's Third Age Musings blog, which seems particularly apt and reflects how I feel about today-


"We will open the book. Its pages are blank.
We are going to put words on them ourselves.
The book is called Opportunity and its
first chapter is New Year's Day"
Edith Lovejoy Pierce

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!