Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mother's day pressie and a Tuesday tagger entry!

Finally had time this weekend to finish the tissue box cover blank I gessoed weeks ago for my Mom for Mothers' Day. 



With apologies for the scrap paper and junk in the pictures!! It's inked all over with Stampin' up Brocade blue ink, then stamped with a gorgeous Crafty Individuals swirl that I use lots and lots. I've got a bit of a thing for swirls.....


I then coloured some white tissue paper with some watered down Brocade blue ink and stamped again with the swirl stamp. All of the swirls are stamped using Midnight blue Stazon. I then laid some ripped sections of the tissue paper over the box and used Mod Podge to adhere them. A final coat of Mod Podge to seal and then a dab or 50 of turquoise stickles to finish.



I hope she likes it!! I used the swirly stamp so that this would fit in with the weekly challenge on the Tuesday Taggers blog which is curls and swirls this week. Hope it's not too late to enter, there's a Crafty Individuals prize on offer and I'm a great CI fan..

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Certainly not too late to enter and what a brilliant project! Stunning and absolutely perfect for this weeks challenge. email a photo to Jean and Malcolm at CI too. I'm sure they will put it in their gallery. Thank you so much for sharing your swirls and curls with us at TT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tissue box beautiful work fabulous swirls you must be thrilled. Thank you for joining us at TT this week, good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice swirls! I have a bit of a thing for them myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic Gift Idea, you mum is going to be thrilled, thank you so much for playing along at Tuesday Taggers this week. Hugs Avril xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great gift - love it!
    Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Taggers this week hun.
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! Thanks for joining us at TT this week. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful...thanks for joining us at Tuesday Taggers this week...hugs Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is Gorgeous Lisa x Thanks for playing along with TT this week x Janet

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!