Sunday, June 20, 2010

Bookmarks.... I'm not mentioning the obsession this time.....

Regular readers will already know about my bookmark obsession, so I'm not mentioning it in this post...... However, I have made a couple of new bookmarks, woohoo!! One is a gift, the other I'm not sure whether to keep or not as yet.

The challenge over at Tuesday Taggers is Vintage bookmark, so with that in mind, I came up with this.....



The background is Distress Inked and Cosmic Shimmered and then stamped with lots and lots of vintage images. I wasn't keen on it after the first round of stamping, so I just kept going until I was! There was also a bit of inking through sequin waste and dusting with Perfect Pearls in Copper.

The main image is from a Paperartsy plate, and the other images are Paperartsy and another clear vintage set of Kay's (I was at Kay's when I did the stamping!). The very slightly rude lady has a layer of brown netting totally failing to cover her modesty, lol. I finished off with some ribbon, lace and a little vintage-y charm.

Ingredients

Stamps- Paperartsy Vintage Nudes 1, Clocks 5, Mini 61; Vintage set of unknown origin
Inks- Distress Inks in Fired Brick, Barn Door, Walnut Stain; Impress inks in Fawn and Autumn Leaf
Stash- Cream ribbon, cream lace, brown netting, charm, eyelet
Cosmic Shimmer mister in Lava red



I'm entering this into-
Tuesday Taggers Vintage bookmark challenge
Challenge Up Your Life vintage challenge



My second bookmark is a much prettier affair. Believe it or not, the background was made from swooshing my blank white card on the remnants of the inks and cosmic shimmer from the vintage bookmark above! It all came out very pale pink.


I stamped the dragon fly in a soft pink ink, and the leaf stem and dragonfly definition in bundled sage Distress ink. I also inked the edges in the Distress Ink. The dragonfly is a gorgeous stamp of Kay's (I'll ask her where it's from), and I stamped it again onto green vellum and cut it out, then stamped the words (I think they're Paperartsy) onto pink vellum and ripped them out.

An eyelet and some ribbon and it's done!

Ingredients

Inks- Stazon Black, Distress Ink Bundled Sage and Fired Brick, Memories Soft Pink
Cosmic Shimmer Mist- Lava red
Stamps- Stampin Up Watercolour Vine, Paperartsy Petals 3, Lost Coast definition, Dragonfly source not known
Stash- Cream ribbon, vellum in pale green and pink

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous lisa and I hear we may be team mates soon too???? thanks for joining us at TT this weekx Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tags Lisa, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabby bookmark Lisa, love it. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two smashing bookmarks Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your bookmarks are really great - go on with your obsession!!! Thanks for joining us at CUYL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deine Lesezeichen sind klasse geworden.

    Greetings
    Ulla

    ReplyDelete
  7. both are gorgeous bookmarks.
    lynx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your bookmarks both of them. xx Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!