Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Do you art journal? Check out NaNoJouMo

Great intentions. The best laid plans. Setting myself up and all of that. I am so guilty of putting pressure on myself to achieve things and that isn't the exactly conducive to being creative. With that in mind, however, I am going to try to use NaNoJouMo to inspire some art journalling this month. No pressure. No expectations. Just an idea and a promise to myself to give a little time each day....might only be 5 minutes, might be all day.

So, NaNoJouMo..... check out DawnDeVries Sokol's fab blog for more info, or the NaNoJouMo section of her web pages. It's about being inspired and journalling every day in November- she will post a prompt every day to spark off some journalling and hopefully this will lead to some activity on my part. Not a full page every day, perhaps just a line, but something!

I'm off to a good start. I've sat and talked it through with my son, and we've both spent half an hour journalling, I've doodled and written a bit on a page with a background I made a while back. He's sat and doodled in black and white in a new journal. We've made plans for creating backgrounds at the weekend when we will have more time. We've been realistic about what we can achieve (BIG step forward for me, that), and we've had fun.

I'll post picture tomorrow I hope, but probably not every day, I'd rather journal than blog I think, at least for November.

So....... anyone else up for the challenge?

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could Lisa - sounds fabulous but work is taking every waking hour during the week and that leaves me very little time at the weekend with DT work and the chores etc. Sorry I am awol, can't wait till Christmas when I will have some time back again.
    Take care of yourself.
    luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!