Monday, July 9, 2012

Flowers, flowers, flowers..... at Studio 12


Today I want to show you all a card that occurred to me when I saw the wooden fence image on the Picknix CD. I've been looking for a good fence for aaagees. So versatile!


I printed the fence out twice and overlapped them, so that they fit the 6x6" kraft card blank, and coloured it with watercolour pencils- I love watercolouring, the pencils are so forgiving!!! I used 2 colours of brown and a dark grey to add some shadowing. 

This card is a bit of an ode to recycling- the blue strips are from a colour catcher sheet from the laundry- I have a blue top that keeps on running! I always have a couple of flower and leaf punches  on my desk and I punch any scraps of coloured paper instead of throwing them away, so I have a big pot of flowers ready to make summery cards! 

I added green and blue glitter glue, and some fab little doodle dewdrops for flower centres. These are really easy to use, I just stuck them on with some clear adhesive, and they give the card an extra bit of shine and texture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!