Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tree ornaments

Sooooo, every Christmas I make my two children a new Christmas tree ornament for their Christmas stockings. Some have been embroidered, cross-stitched, beaded, allsorts! This year, they both had a little button wreath. Unfortunately, I didn't take a photo of my son's before it was packed away, and so- here's the pretty pastel one I made Miss Little Legs-



Yes, her tree is pink. Yes, she has her own tree, we all do...... The buttons are simply threaded onto wire and decorated with ribbon bows. Easiest of easy peasy instructions, slightly tricky to get the shape and fall of the buttons right, but worth it! The tall one had a more traditional green one with a red spotty bow. Next December, I'll take a photo, lol.

Being slightly obsessed with beading over the festive period, I got well ahead of myself and made one of next year's decorations- I can now spend all year saying I've already got a Christmas present, hee hee. Here it is!

From the front.


And the back view. It's teeny tiny, about the size of a 50p.


It took an evening to do, in front of the television, so I guess if I'd been concentrating and not eating choccies at the same time......it might have taken a couple of hours? I think it's fab.


1 comment:

  1. Love the beaded wreath! Very pretty! Found your link on docrafts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!