Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Hello Kiki



I've been itching to use this photo of our beautiful Kiki cat since I took it. Isn't she gorgeous? Another scraplift from Mind the Scrap, but such a good idea, to use those offcuts, the branding strips and little scraps. I'll be doing it again!


 I started off placing it all out, then stuck the strips down quite randomly really. I just tried to make sure there were no 2 the same next to each other, and to balance the dark and light strips. 



Once I'd chosen the sparkly Hello as the title, I used gold to frame the photo to pull it together.


Couple of secrets....
1. I didn't have 2 K's left in the alphabet, so I cut the rounded bit off a capital R to make the lower case K. Worked out OK, didn't it?

2. The strips behind the photo are all really short bits, I just cut them in half and tucked them behind the photo so that they looked longer.


I think this may be my favourite page so far!

Elements:

Papers: Crate Paper- Main squeeze- Purrfect
Maggie Holmes- Flourish- Anne
Crate Paper- Main squeeze- Match made
Pink Paislee- Paige Evans- Pick me up 22
Maggie Holmes- Flourish- Songbird
Vicki Boutin good times- Soul food
American Crafts- Picked for you- All the good things
Crate Paper- Good vibes- All good

Card: Bazzill- Kraft
White and Mirri card from stash

Embellishments: Dear Lizzy- Die cut phrases
Alphabet: Thickers- Together

Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!