Saturday, February 24, 2018

Red belt

I have a little pile of favourite photos that I want to scrap. Just ones that have caught my eye over the years, they don't tell a story or fit together particularly, but now that I'm into scrapbooking properly, I wanted to document the photos that make me smile. So today's photo is a few years old, but it's one that I adore.


I'm still using the Mind the Scrap February kit, and there's even a few bit on here from the January kit as well. I was going for red and black to match the taekwondo dobok and belt, but the pink and purple snuck in.


the little red flower is made of puffy stickers, which I've struggled to use to be honest, they just haven't called to me at all! I'm pleased with how they work as a little flower though and the XOXO and little messages pulls together with the XOXO paper across the middle of the page.

I fussy cut the black leaves from a Maggie Holmes paper (I used it here). Honestly, I was just trying out fussy cutting the fronds, to see if would work on a bigger scale, but they were so cute, I had to use them.


There's a lot going on with this page, but I think the back balances it out and pulls it all back together. The black spotty card and the black spotty washi kind of anchor it.


The alphas are the Amy Tangerine translucent ones I've used before. I didn't think I'd use these are all, but they've worked really well in a couple of projects now, and I've got loads left. I used them as journaling here rather than as the title.

Elements:

Paper: from MTS Feb kit
Crate Paper- Main squeeze- Match made
Maggie Holmes- Flourish- Anne
Crate Paper- Main squeeze- Purrfect

Embellishments:
Washi tapes- Hema
Pebbles- puffy stickers
Vicki Boutin- Die cut icons
Bo Bunny- Misc Me journaling cards

Alphas: Papermania
Amy Tangerine- Remarks- Harper

From my stash: White and black card
Black and white baker's twine
Red tag
Gem spots

Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!