Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Happy girl


If you saw yesterday's post about my first ever traveller's notebook page, you'll see where the inspiration for this layout came from. I just thought it would make a fabulous 12x12 page, and I think I was right! I videoed making this layout as well, so look out for the video in a future post!


What I thought was missing from the TN page, was some sunshine, so I went for this Amy Tangerine page from a stack I've had for eons. It actually has a cloud on it as well, but I covered it up with the photo, then added my own clouds!
 

My little fussy cut houses are taken from the scraps I had left over of the paper, so there are odd storeys and roofs, and some are deliberately hidden behind others to hide imperfections! The grey stripy paper that I stamped the clouds on to is on the reverse of the houses, so it was a juggling act to get enough of them both.


I am pleased with how the clouds came out though, the stripe gives them a slight thunder cloud look, but isn't too dark. I made the scalloped edge with a circle punch, then outlined it, and lots of other elements in black pen to ground it all. 


I wanted a big black script title, and initially went just for happy, but the envelope for my journaling needed something more, even after I'd stuck clouds onto it. So it ended up as happy girl, which works for me.


The whole thing is edged in washi, which really brings it all together with the black stamping and outlining.


Elements:

Paper: Amy Tangerine
Maggie Holmes- Flourish- Home sweet home
Card: White from stash

Embellishments: Thickers words- Skyler
Washi tape- Hobbycraft
Ink pad- Versafine Onyx black
Stamps- from stash
Crate Paper- Here+There envelopes
Black Uni-pin pen 0.5
White Posca pen

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!