Thursday, April 5, 2018

One day like this


This was one of my favourites from the cybercrop. I usually scrap photos of people, but this time I went for a photo I took whilst lying on a recliner in my garden, on a rare sunny day.


I made a little washi tape banner after watching a live video tutorial from Mind the Scrap's owner Emma. It's super effective.


Spot the mistake. I edged elements with a black pen, and for some weird reason I decided to test it on the white card background of my layout. Grrrrr. Hence the shiny dots later on.


I used an alphabet I picked up for £1 in The Range. It's blue foiled, extra shiny, and exactly the right colour for the ombre spotty paper I used.


The cybercrop challenge led me to use my favourite song lyrics- Elbow's One day like this. I adore this song.


And there are the shiny dots hiding my rogue squiggle. I'm chuffed with how it turned out, so it was a happy mistake.

Elements:

Paper: Amy Tangerine- Sunshine and good times- Sail away
Card: Blue and white from stash

Embellishments: Alphabet- The Range
Shiny dots, washi tape and baker's twine- from stash

Tanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!